The challenger laid dormant for 2 years, now its time to rebuild it. The mustang has received the full rebuilding treatment, now it's the challys turn. All bionicle joints suspension, studded body, lighter, much stronger and ready for spring driving videos. Right now the new front suspension is here and working very well. I'll post pics when i have more to show.
I decided to improove my testbed model, to make it a more efficient machine.
First i made the car 4 studs narrower, then i completly replaced the front suspension for an all bionicle ball joint variant, which is now extremly stiff and precise.
The whole engine bay is of course made to fit the LPEpower V8. The rear axle is a solid axle again, 2 bottom links, 1 upper link, a panhard bar and springs. Same as 2005 when i first made the car, but finally properly executed.
Well, i thought i'll go ahead and post a few more pics of th pickup truck progress. Here you can see how far it's progressed. Just for comparison, i put the V6 on its bed:)
I decided that i need a break from engine design for a litle while, so i started on a small pickup chassis, which may become a van, or something entirely different. Here is the gallery with the first pics of the bare chassis and gearbox/engine assembly. It has front independent suspension and a 4 link rear live axle.