It is almost the same engine that ran 1940 rpms. The difference here is not in the engine itself, but in the compressor and piping leading to the engine.
I fixed the leaks in the tubing and gained 200 rpms in the process. Engine now runs at 1940rpms. Now is the time to change the switches. Will keep you posted with more V6 goodness.
Some new V6 development news. The engine here runs bad. I had a V6 already running 1920rpms, but then i made a different air intake, and i belive it has some leaks, which make the engine run slower. Also, the switches leak badly, but they're good enough for about 2000 rpms once the leaks in the air distribution will be sealed. After the leaks are debuged, the engine will receive masterfully modified switches. (Thanks Ivan). With the switches it should hit 4000+ rpms. I'll keep you posted.
Video below the JUMP
The V8 is officially dead. Here's the first bits of the v6 development. I made a video of how smooth the mechanicals of the new engine turn. The switches and cilynders have been removed, so i can fix some leaks and fine tune all the piping.
Here you can find pics of the new V8 in development. The block is a finished product, the switching mechanism however is not at all. I'm experimenting with different approaches to see what works best.
Here is the link to some pictures of the small cilynder inline engine, showing the scotch yoke switch mechanism. I will run the engine tomorrow a bit more and see what i can get out of it, before abandoning it. Small cilynder engines have not enough power. :(
As an experiment and to get some rest from the v8 i decided to play a bit with an inline configuration with the small lego cilynders. Here's the first run of the inline 2 cilynder. Speed updates will follow. The speed computer is geared 3:1 for better accuracy.
This time not more rpms, just a more refined machine, poducing its power more smoothly. The crank is stabbilised with 2 paralel shafts, which prevent it from twisting = more power. Switches use scotch yoke principle of operation.
I goofed around a bit and produced these 2 videos of a dragster featuring the 1660 rpm V8 engine. The first one is an acceleration run, and the second one is a burnout video. The axle did fall of in the end, because the whole "vehicle" was not built for anything more than a small tryout and some fun.
Running approximately 1600rpms, but with a peak when the air pressure was max of 1660 rpms:
I got the engine running a max of 1780 rpms - peak, with a nice steady run of 1720 rpms.